Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A significant delay

It's been a while since I actually blogged anything.  I guess I'm settling into the monotony of life on the train.  It's pretty uneventful, for the most part, you still have your occassional odd ball person, but nobody as interesting lately as Mr Peen or Velco-wallet guy.   I did see a lady yesterday knitting a scarf.  what is up with the knitting?  Seems like too much work for me, hell, it's too much for me to pull out my iphone and blog! 
I am officially a commuter now.  Yup, I got my monthly refillable pass for the train.  Of course, yesterday morning was my first official ride with it and it didn't work.  So yeah, I totally had time to spare before the train left and I paid the fare like I was supposed to.  Yup, I did.  You can't prove otherwise!
I am in love with the train.  I just read three books in a week.  How sweet is that?!  I like the walk to and from my office, even though I do still stress out about making the train home on time.  4:00 hits and I'm sprinting for the elevator.  Which, incidentally, I will never get used to..how does one get used to be rocketed up 30 floors in less than a minute?  My sure my brother would be less than impressed since he thinks roller coasters are nothing. 
Part of why I love the train is because I don't have to worry about sitting in traffic and I get home at exactly the same time everyday.  Well, I did....until yesterday.  Who in their right mind would think you would encounter a "significant delay" on the tracks?  When the conductor announces a significant delay between stops 1 and 2 yesterday, I was ready to go nuts.  I mean really, it's not like we are encountering gridlock!  W.T.F??  Apparently there was "signal trouble", I'm not sure what that means but ok, whatever.  When I hear the words "significant delay" I'm thinking at least half an hour to forty five minutes of just sitting.  Lesson learned - in commuter train lingo a "significant delay" is 8 minutes.  Seriously, I got to my stop 8 minutes late.  Can you imagine if the airlines idea of a "significant delay" was 8 minutes?!  I do still love the train.
I had something else to say, but one of the buddies woke up and now I forgot.  Oh well, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment