Thursday, October 20, 2011

I owe you one

My Mom pointed out to me on Sunday that I owe you guys a blog, since it's been over a week.  WTF?!  Slacker...I know.  I guess I have settled into my new life on public transit.  It's pretty cool, still loving the no stress since I have no gridlock.  I read a 321 page book on Tuesday alone.  LOVE LOVE LOVE the train.

What all do I have to catch you up on?!  Well, I did indeed venture into the bathroom last week.  It's like a luxury bathroom compared to an airplane.  No lie, it's twice the size of an airplane john.  I could damn near lay down, not that I would lay on the floor of a public bathroom.  EW!  I did almost forget to flush though.  I am so used to the auto flushers now, even though those things never work for me and I always end up manually flushing it with the little button anyway.  (How's that for a run on sentence?  Mrs. Schoon would be proud). 

I also discovered last week that I have been doing my 20 minute walks unneccesarily.  I can get off one train and then hop a connection when I get downtown.  It drops me off 3 blocks from my office.  The only issue is then I have to walk outside.  Not a good idea in the winter, considering my 20 min walk is mostly skyway.  But it will be good to know for nice days and days when I just don't feel like walking a mile. 

I have met some really nice people lately.  For example, the guy who told me about the connecting train.... but as always there are the real gems.  There is a group of ladies who get on about halfway through my ride home, I call them the coop.  They're like a bunch of chickens and all they do is bitch.  I know I can complain a lot sometimes, but nothing like these women.  I went to a conference a couple of weeks ago and the speaker talked about bonding while complaining...these women fit that profile to a T.   There was also a guy last week who was so freaking tall he had to duck to get off the train.  I'm pretty sure his femur was almost twice as long as mine.  Nice guy though.  Finally, we have the woman from last night who apparently uses the train to catch up on all of her cell phone calls.....in french.  Yeah........ she sat right across from me.  I was SO freaking happy when she got off!

There was one day last week when I actually had to pull out my laptop and work for an hour on the way home.  Can you guess why?  Yup, my dumbass left my iphone sitting on my desk and I realized it when I sat my butt down on the train.  Son of a bitch....  that was one long ride home.  I also learned that working while on a train is not a good idea.  My charts were not ending up where I wanted them in my Powerpoint.  Oh and there is no WiFi on this train, just in case you were wondering. 

I know there is a bunch of stuff that I am forgetting to tell you about.  I'm thinking that means I need to get my ass in gear and blog more than once a week, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment