Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thursday afternoon

Well this is the most boring bunch. 9 people in this area with me and everyone of them is reading. Wow. It's literally a library on rails.
So let me tell you a bit about the train itself. It's two levels, four cars of beige and blue. I am amused every morning when I see the sign that says "bombardier". Makes me giggle because I think of the scene in Meet the Parents about saying bomb on an airplane. There are two seats by the stairs that face the wall. I don't sit in them for two reasons, first it is always the backwards facing seat and it makes me nauseous. Second, I can't see anyone. I'm CIA - I never sit with my back to a door or most of the people. Yeah, I'm weird, I know. Them there are two sets of seats facing each other, one on each side of the car. Then two more sets with tables in between, I guess sometimes you just need a table. My favorite part is that the brakes sound like a dying cow. Truly awesome.
The rules of the train appear to be simple. Look around, but don't talk to anyone except the conductor. Also, you always put your belongings in the seat next to you so no one will sit next to you. Nor should you ever sit directly across from someone. That may cause your knees to touch and that is a big no-no. Oh and right before the train gets to your stop you get up and herd to the door. Bennie bus rules apparently don't apply on public transit.
In the morning, most people are yawning a lot and drinking coffee or going back to sleep. The afternoons, people are more talkative to those they know - except for my hearse car this day. I'm too scared to sleep on here. I'm afraid someone will steal my stuff.
Ok funny - one of the people fell asleep while reading her book. Must be a really boring book.

No comments:

Post a Comment