Wednesday, March 7, 2012

And now you know, the rest of the story

I met a new friend this week and I introduced him to my blog, and then I realized that I haven’t actually blogged for a really long time.  Ok, so let’s face it, I’m not a serial blogger, I’ll only blog when I have some nothingness to blog about.  I believe I had mentioned to some friends before that I would give you all the backstory to some of my treasures on here.  Namely, it occurs to me that not everyone knows the story of the coatrack or Mr. Peen.  So here ya go, and now you know….the rest of the story.
The Coat Rack
A couple of years ago, I was waiting in the lobby with my director and a few other people for a meeting to start with one of our buyers.   In the lobby against the wall are three coat racks, nothing fancy just the ones with the metal pole and a shelf across the top.  I was standing there chatting with my co-workers and I was spinning one of the poles on a coat rack.  Well, yeah, it wasn’t secured and I spun it so much that the opposite end I was twirling spun right out of it’s little socket thing. I stood there helpless as every coat and coat hanger on that rack tumbled to the floor.  Now, it’s the middle of winter so there are a lot of coats.  There are a lot of sales people who visit this particular customer on a daily basis.  There were a lot of coats and hangars on this rack.  I will never forget the look on my directors face when he saw what I did.  God bless that man to this day.  He bit his lip so he wouldn’t bust out laughing and then he looked at me and said “don’t move”, as he picked up the other end of the coat rack pole.  Bless his heart, he even helped me pick them all up.  I was mortified!!  Stuff like that only happens when I’m at customer meetings with my director.  I don’t know why, just my luck I guess.

Mr. Peen
Good old Mr. Peen.  Ah, you’ll love this one.  One of my very first days as a commuter on this train found me sitting across from a man who had ill-fitting clothing.   As I’m looking around to see who is on the train, I happen to notice in passing that Mr. Peen is not well adjusted in his pants.  He had on khakis…rather tight khakis.  Long story short, I could see everything that God gave him….don’t be too impressed.  It wasn’t that great and well, he’s pretty fugly.  I mean really, if I get to see something like that, couldn’t the man at least have been hot?  (sorry, honey J )  Now, I’m not above telling someone their fly is open, I’d appreciate it if someone did it for me.  But, how do you look a complete stranger in the face and say “I’m sorry, can you adjust your crotch?  I can see the outline of your penis.”   Uh, not happening.  So in my effort to ignore it, my eyes kept wandering back to see if maybe he was getting pinched and would then adjust it.  I swear to all that is holy, the thing was like a train wreck.  My head was telling me to look away but I just had to watch to see what happened next.   What is seen cannot be unseen.   So from that day on, I have referred to him as Mr. Peen.  I still see him on a regular basis, but after 6 months I’ve pretty much blocked it from my memory.  No, I really haven’t, that’s a lie.  If I had, I wouldn’t be writing about it now.
There you are my friends, some back story.  I hope this helped to enlighten you on some of the other things I have mentioned before.  If there is anything else you want a back story on, leave a comment and I will cover it in my next blog.
Happy Wednesday! 

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment